Long before the modern beauties ever learned how to make body lotions from nature, the ancients of Egypt had come up with varieties of safe products. However, it is now time for you to know how to make such products safer and more effective by using locally available ingredients.
The best part about using your own locally made product is that you are quite certain that all the ingredients are safe and absolutely natural.
Besides, learning to depend on your own homemade lotion assures you of long-term reduction of the cost of maintaining your beauty.
Just think of the amount you spend on the skincare products shop annually.
Here is a list of ingredients you must have:
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- 1/2 cup of Almond oil.
- 1/4 cup of beeswax.
- Pure and natural vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter.
Steps to Making Your Own Lotion
- Mix your portion of coconut oil, almond oil, coco butter, and beeswax in a glass bowl and stir them gently until they mixture is fine and of uniform color.
- Place your glass bowl on a double boiler of heating water and let them heat and mix gently. Use a wooden stick to continue mixing them as the continue to melt in the glass bowl.
- Add your vanilla extract to the mixture after they have sufficiently melted and mixed well in your set-up of a glass bowl and the double boiler.
- Find small mason jars and pour your mixture into them. You could opt for any appropriate containers in case you cannot find mason jars.
- Allow the contents in the mason jars or whatever container that you may use and proclaim your lotion ready for use. Inspire confidence in those who have seen you follow the steps by actually using them on your hands and body.
If you are looking to try using varieties of ingredients, you must ensure that your supply line is secure and trusted. Protecting your supply line of ingredients will protect you against whatever risks that may derive from suspicious ingredients from scrupulous home dealers. It is recommended to substitute what you have to buy with locally available alternatives.
If your intention is to make and sell your products at the local level, you should find out whatever licensing and documentations that are necessary before you launch the business. Such measures will protect you from conflicting with the authorities as you venture into this creative venture.
Consider the Shelf Life of the Products
Despite their numerous advantages, homemade lotions lack the kind of preservatives that are found in the commercially produced skincare products. As such, you should ensure that you use them fast enough before they expire. Watch out for any gross changes in their smell and declare them stale.
However, the merit of relying on your own lotions is that you can always make fresh ones whenever you suspect that the earlier ones have lost their effectiveness. You should also consider the fact that homemade lotions do not come with harshness of alternative products such as itching and strong scents that derive from artificial ingredients.